Donate to Charity
Twin Cities Local Relief
Support local organizations that are providing direct assistance to residents, businesses and organizations affected by the recent protests.
We Love Lake Street – Lake Street Council’s fund to help rebuild small businesses and community organizations along the Lake Street corridor.
City Joy Support the Cities – Support the Cities has been coordinating daily food, volunteer and supply drives in various locations throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Neighbors United Funding Collaborative – Supports recovery efforts in the Hamline Midway and Union Park neighborhoods.
The Central Neighborhood – This fund supports rebuilding and resident support efforts in the Central and Midtown neighborhoods.
NorthPoint Health – Northpoint provides food, shelter and emergency assistance services to North Minneapolis and surrounding neighborhoods.
The Minneapolis Foundation Safe Communities – Safe Communities Grant Fund provides direct assistance to communication, advocacy and organizing efforts led by community-based organizations that have a track record of successfully contributing to the reduction of violence in Minneapolis neighborhoods.
Support local non-profits providing COVID-19 related assistance!
- Greater Twin Cities United Way COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund – this is a separate fund housed by GTCUW to provide support to a wide variety of needs directly related to COVID-19. 100% of the funds go directly to the community.
- Saint Paul Bridge Fund – emergency relief fund for families with children and small business impacted by COVID-19.
- Minneapolis Gap Funding – similar to the St Paul Bridge Foundation, short-term emergency relief for families and small business.
- One MPLS Fund – through the Minneapolis Foundation, direct support for business and essential program continuity for local nonprofits who meet basic needs for vulnerable populations.
- Minnesota Disaster Recovery Fund for Coronavirus – joint effort of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation. 100% of funds are directed to local community foundations and intermediaries.
- Second Harvest Heartland – one of the area’s largest food assistance programs, helping with COVID-related emergency meals.
- Minneapolis Food Shelves – entire network of food shelves and ancillary services in Minneapolis
- Minnesota Central Kitchen – a collaborative effort with restaurants, caterers and hunger relief organizations joining forces to help short-term hunger needs in the community. Here’s a great article.
- Valley Outreach (Stillwater, MN), Meals from the Heart (Stillwater, MN), ICAA Food Pantry (Burnett Co, WI), and NWCSA Food Pantry (Northwest WI) – food shelves supporting their neighborhood populations. (Note: there are many neighborhood-centric food banks and they are all in need of assistance with monetary and food donations right now due to the sudden increase of needy families)
Let us help facilitate connections. Make a request or offer to help below!
Do you need help getting groceries? Would you like help tutoring your child? Would you like to request a letter be written for a family member in isolation? Is there something else you need help with?
Make a request below! Send us a note detailing what you need help with!
MAKE A REQUEST
Want to help make a difference? Volunteer to get groceries, tutor a child, or write a letter to someone in isolation! Even host a virtual event (yoga, art classes, or whatever your talent may be)!
Offer to help below! Send us a note detailing how you can help!
OFFER TO HELP